As many of you will know, in four weeks’ time I will be running the London Marathon. I am raising money for Coram, the oldest Children’s Charity in the UK and I have a target of £1750 to raise.
Coram are such a well respected charity by many professionals and they do so much with disadvantaged and underprivileged children. Some of the services that they offer include running an independent adoption service, using a variety of creative therapies to help children from complex and traumatic backgrounds, supporting parents who are having difficulties in caring for their children and offering health, well-being and drug education in schools.
We all have demands on our resources all of the time and there are so many fantastic causes, so I hope that you don’t mind my plea for help. However in return I hope that I am able to offer something that may bring a little happiness to you, or a loved one, or another charitable cause. So here goes…
Back in February of 2014, I entered a competition to win a gift card for £1000 to spend at 77 diamonds, who are recent winners of the 2016 UK Wedding Awards. I had to blog about what made my best friend so special.
Diamond Studs – oooh yes please!
For anyone who is interested, you can read the post here. Anyway, incredibly, I won and I’ve decided to put the £1000 Gift Card up as a competition prize, hoping that along the way I can raise money for Coram.
Eternity Rings – rings are definitely some of my favourite things
So, this is how it will work:
- Please make a donation to my page http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/BethGoodrham (obviously it can be as little or as much as anyone would like to donate and I promise that the money isn’t for my private shoe fund, but for Coram);
- Please email me at email@example.com and your name will be put into my metaphorical hat (which is seeing a lot of action at the moment)!
- The competition will be open until midnight on 31st May 2016, with the winner being notified by email on 1 June 2016;
- The winner will be put directly in touch with 77 diamonds who will arrange for the £1000 Gift Card to be sent to the winner;
- For anyone entering, if you felt able to mention the competition on your social media sites, or if you could spread the word amongst your friends and work colleagues, I should be so grateful.
And that’s it really. Hopefully many of you will see it as a great opportunity to win a fantastic prize whilst at the same time supporting an incredible charity. Ultimately I would love it if, between us, we could use that £1000 gift card as a competition prize time and time again to raise as much money as possible for as many charities as possible. There are so many wonderful causes to raise money for and with a bit of teamwork I think that it might be able to rustle up a few pennies for a few different charities.
Engagement Rings – do we hear the sound of wedding bell(e)s?
On the other hand if whoever won the Gift Card fancied treating themselves, or if a someone was about to make a marriage proposal and this enabled them to get a wonderful engagement ring, or if it was used to celebrate a long standing anniversary, how fabulous would that be too? We all love a feel-good story. It would be great to share on here how that Gift Voucher is spent, or where it ends up.
Before I sign off, I would like to thank 77 diamonds for their support in helping me to use the Gift Card to run the competition in this way. It is very much appreciated – thank you. And Good Luck to everyone who enters!
Great post! Congratulations on reaching your goal and target!