We all love M&S pants and they can work miracles so if I buy them, do I get the bottom as well?
On November 4th last year, fashion icon Twiggy opened one of the largest Marks and Spencer stores in the UK. It is in Longbridge, just outside of Birmingham (yippeee!) and to celebrate the store opening, M&S have asked me to host a competition for a reader, and a friend, to win a make-over day which will include….
Don’t you just love a bit of M&S Best of British?
- Lunch at the M&S cafe or deli bar,
- A personal stylist shopping experience with the Women’s Wear Team (I hope to come along too if that’s OK!)
- Make-up with the beauty team;
- Brow or nails at the nail bar;
- A £100 gift card for each of you and your friend to spend in store.
I always get so excited by seeing what Limited has to offer. There are so many gems in there!
And such a gorgeous silhouette from Autograph
One of the things that I really wanted to share with you about the new Longbridge store is that it will carry the new “Archive by Alexa” fashion collection which has been curated and handpicked by Alexa (Cheung) and the M&S design team.
Really it deserves a post of its own but briefly, using the Marks & Spencer Archive in Leeds, Alexa and the M&S team have brought archive pieces back to life for 2016.
The introduction of both modern fabrics, and a modern colour palette, has resulted in a contemporary womenswear collection but which still references M&S’ heritage – which won’t be surprising to those familiar with Alexa Cheung’s particular style.
The 31 piece collection will be in store in April 2016 and I can’t wait to see it. Also, this is the first of the “M&S &” series, which is “a sequence of unique, exclusive collections in collaboration with some of today’s most exciting designers, brands & fashion icons.” Any ideas as to who might be next?!
The Competition Rules:
I was so excited to be asked to host this competition for M&S and as I’m able to decide the rules, I’ve decided to keep it simple and select the winner at random. Previously I’ve asked people to write in to explain why they are deserving of the prize but then….(cue long sentence coming up…) everyone has been deserving and I’ve had to make an election as to who is more deserving than someone else, which makes makes me sad because I feel mean for not giving the prize to everyone and then I lay awake concerned that people will be upset and then that has horrible consequences for being tired the next day. So, let’s just keep it simple shall we?
So this is how we’ll play it…
- I will select one winner at random after the closing date, which will be mid-night on Thursday 24th March. I will contact the winner on Friday 25th March. Hopefully that will make a nice Easter surprise for someone;
- The winner and their friend will receive an M&S makeover and lunch at M&S Longbridge, and each person will receive a £100 gift card to spend;
- The prize is not transferable and there are no whole/part cash alternatives;
- The Gift Card will be presented on the day of the makeover.
So how does that all sound? If you email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) to let me know that you would like your name to go into the metaphorical hat, that would be fantastic!
GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!
Notes about the store:
- The 150 000 sq ft store offers customers a wide range of products and services and is home to a large Womenswear department, as well as Menswear and Beauty;
- The store has the Midlands’ first M&S Brow and Nail Bar and Baby World;
- It also includes a Homeware Department, a 245 seat M&S Cafe and a Food hall which will feature a Deli and Pasta Bar and an in-store Bakery.