You know when you think that you will never go somewhere…and then you do?!

I know that I’m late to the party but lace up ballet flats are somewhere that I never thought that I would go. It’s not because I didn’t like them but just because I couldn’t find any that worked on me and I concluded that I would rather not go there at all, than go there but not really like what I saw.

I tried the New Look black ones but they were just too dark against my fair skin. I liked some dark grey snake print ones that Dune had but ditto re the colour and they came a long way up the back of the foot. I have seen the lovely red ones in Office worn by Jane at My Midlife Fashion and my friend has some from Russell & Bromley which she likes. The Lille lace ups from Boden have also been hugely popular this season too. Whilst I was in Topshop the other day I came across these snake print pointed shoes (£62) and it became a whole new ball game.

I was concerned about feeling dumpy in these shoes but I think that the fairly pointed toe helps with that, as does just really liking them.

For anyone in a similar predicament to me – and what a predicament it was – these may well be worth a go. For some reason I’m particularly fond of the the little gold bits at on the end of the laces. It doesn’t take much to keep me happy.

PS the Jack Wills bag was snaffled from our eldest as it’s perfect for all of the mags that I needed on our very long journey to Dorset. Hope that you are all having a great bank holiday!

1. Susan Woodhouse
    May 2, 2015 / 10:13 pm

Love the look of these, and they really suit you. I may be pressing the 'proceed to checkout' button.Sue xBestfriendstyle

May 5, 2015 / 8:45 pm

Hi Susan – thank you, that's really kind. So did you go for it? Still loving mine though they do have a habit of coming undone so I'm working on perfecting my best boy scouts knot!

2. Jane G
    May 3, 2015 / 6:56 am

Ooh Beth those Topshop ones are just gorgeous & are now tempting me to add to my collection!! It was lovely to meet you the other day & thank you for the mention, I'm so going to be blaming you if these shoes find a home in my wardrobe ;-)Have a fab weekend.Jane xxMy Midlife Fashion

May 5, 2015 / 8:46 pm

Hi Jane, lovely to meet you too and you're very welcome for the mention – after all it was your shoes that I spotted first! Thanks re the shoes – I'm still chuffed with them but love your red ones too!

3. Justineallen
    May 3, 2015 / 12:44 pm

Love these! Where is rest of outfit from Beth?

May 5, 2015 / 8:48 pm

Hi Justine – lovely to hear from you, thanks for dropping by. The jeans are ancient GAP, the shirt is New Look (love their denim shirts) and the jacket is Boden last summer 🙂

4. I won't wear sludge brown
    May 3, 2015 / 2:01 pm

You did good Beth. They are perfect x

May 5, 2015 / 8:48 pm

Thank you! I think (and hope) that the wait was worth it. Lovely to hear from you. x

5. Briella Lane
    May 5, 2015 / 10:32 am

They look gorgeous. You have changed my mind about lace up shoes. Are they comfortable having such a pointed toe.

May 5, 2015 / 8:52 pm

Hi Briella, thank you for your comment. You know I actually find shoes with a pointed toe much more comfortable than rounded ones. I think that to create the shape of a good point, the shoe has to be slightly wider before it narrows down which makes them more roomy and more comfortable – if that makes sense!