Oasis Jacket, Cos dress, Jigsaw sandals, Accessorise flamingo bag
When looking for the perfect summer dress (which I seem to do constantly) to dress up or down, these are some of my requirements..
- A good length – if it’s too short, a dress can fall at the first hurdle;
- A good colour – for some reason blue or white are my preferences for summer dresses – they just go so well with brighter accessories and other base colours, such as tan;
- Possessing some shape but not too fitted – slightly fitted dresses work better for me than a lot of the oversized styles that are around at the moment which don’t suit my frame;
- 100% cotton;
- Pockets are an added advantage;
- Simple styling but with a little something about it…..and as luck would have it, I came across one in Cos last week, one of my favourite brands for their styling and quality. At the moment when I’m out and about I’m half shopping with a trip to New York in mind, that I have coming up later in June with our eldest once her GCSEs have finished. Even though I have a healthy luggage allowance, I would prefer to plan properly and pack fairly light, taking just a few outfits that I can work in different ways. And this dress, I thought, would fit the bill perfectly.
Here I’ve styled it with Jigsaw tan sandals but I would be equally happy wearing it with trainers or my lace up ballet flats when walking around. In the heat, I actually prefer a little more coverage and with it being cotton it will probably give me the best chance that I could hope for of not melting into a puddle. A few flouro accessories won’t go a miss with it, or equally gold or silver chunky necklaces for anything else that we might get up to whilst over there. For that little twist I really liked the side slits. And the pockets? Big patch pockets on the front and pockets at the sides too. For those who love pockets in a dress, you will be in pocket heaven!
This photo gives a better idea of the sleeve length, just for those who just like to check these things out.
One thing the eldest has been tasked with before we go is being able to run a decent distance because when we’re out there I know I will want to see the sites whilst running and I can’t leave her on her own…but for now it’s back to the Romeo and Juliet and Pride and Prejudice quotes. Good luck to all others in the same position – whether they be the exam takers or the exam supporters!
These are the shots of the Cos dress (£59) from the site…
So, for any other Cos fans out there, have you spotted any beauties lately? x