Mum on the Run – Sparkles and silver shoes for an early evening “do”

Yesterday evening I was invited to a networking event at Selfridges in Birmingham. It was one of those early evening do’s which was exciting for me as usually at 6pm I am in the midst of the taxi/dinner/bath time/bed time routine which don’t get me wrong, I love – but it’s always good to have a change.

I also came away with a tin of shortbread biscuits in my goodie bag, which I wasn’t quite expecting but which was brilliant as I am a shortbread fiend. A good friend always makes me some for Christmas (actually it’s for the family but they don’t get a look in) and I love that present, not only for the fact that she’s taken the time to make it but because it’s so delicious.

So with it being an early evening event and with it being cold, I wore these blue trousers which I bought in the Whistles sale last summer (similar below), together with a Whistles sparkly knit (great for putting layers underneath) also below and in the sale, and these silver shoes from Zara. I can’t see the shoes online now but there’s a picture below as they may be lurking in a store somewhere in the sale. They were £29.99 full price so clearly not leather but I like the design and the medium heel height. With a closed in toe there’s no need for a perfect pedi, which is a bonus in my need for speed (OK, lazy arse) book.

Whistles sequin knit (£60)

Whistles Elliott crepe trousers (£60)

Zara silver shoes – there may be some lurking somewhere!

Hope that you all have a lovely weekend – fingers crossed for some sun tomorrow.

1. PoppysStyle
    June 29, 2013 / 7:29 am

You look great Beth!! I LOVE those shoes on you – really stylish.

July 28, 2013 / 7:27 pm

Hi Joanna, – thanks! I love the Valentino studded ones which are a similar shape. Sadly though, not a similar price!

June 29, 2013 / 10:28 am

Absolutely LOVE those shoes. Very serious shoe envy going on here right now!!

July 28, 2013 / 7:28 pm

Hi Helen – I'm sure you'll find some others soon that I'll be lusting over. That's the thing with Zara shoes isn't it. There's always another fab pair just around the corner!

3. andress
    June 30, 2013 / 5:27 am

Loving those silver shoes! They would go with so many things, a real find. Also on an older post I saw a coloured Jigsaw camisole with the lace on the top and bottom. I wish they would bring those back instead of having only black or cream:)

July 28, 2013 / 7:29 pm

Hi Andress, Thanks re the shoes, they are proving to be pretty useful. As to the Jigsaw camis, I'm sure our store had lots of different colours – but fairly muted ones I think. I'll have a word next time I'm in there (which should be soon now their sale is on!)

4. Clothes Fiend
    July 3, 2013 / 9:19 pm

Have had to search in two Zara shops for these shoes- love them! I would never had bought them until seeing how gorgeous they look on you. Love EVERYTHING about your outfit!

July 28, 2013 / 7:31 pm

Hello Clothes Fiend (great name by the way) – so pleased that you found the shoes. Hope that they work well for you! Thanks re the outfit too. x