Mum on the Run – Layering a dress over trousers and wearing a couple of Bicester purchases…

With the impending trip to One Direction (sorry, I can’t bring myself to write the whole 1D thing) I don’t think that there will be time for a post tomorrow night, so here’s a quick one until I return, probably with ringing ears.

There’s a closer shot of this All Saints dress below, which I bought at Bicester in March, along with the Hobbs shoes that I am wearing. I hadn’t appreciated the height of the “scoop” at the side of the dress but let’s just say that whilst it hangs in my wardrobe, it will only be worn over trousers. Yeah, says she of the “I don’t like wedge trainers” statement.

Not being sure how over exposed the outside shots would be, we headed indoors to take a couple more over exposed shots but nevermind.

The leather jacket added warmth, the coral necklace some colour and I was good for the day – until I returned home having seen a friend’s freshly painted kitchen and decided that our paintwork needed sprucing up. The outfit of too short, too wide, 9 year old Topshop boyfriend jeans elicited the comment of “nice outfit” from the eldest. Nice outfit indeed. I think that she might find me wearing it tomorrow night when we go and see Harry and the boys.

All Saints dress (above) which also comes in a top and Hobbs NW3 shoes (below)

1. Avenue 57
    April 16, 2013 / 9:46 pm

Fabulous dress, totally gorgeous on youHave fun at the concert tomorrow! Have you got ear plugs?Fiona

April 22, 2013 / 5:28 pm

Hi Fiona – thanks re the dress and sorry for taking so long to get back to you. We're veterans at these things now (literally) – first stop First Aid for the ear plugs and we got some bonus chocolates too. That's my kind of First Aid man!

April 16, 2013 / 10:18 pm

I love your leather jacket – I've been looking for one like it…any suggestions? The dress is great too, along with the shoes! Have a fabulous time tomorrow eve….don't forget your Bridget Jones pants 😉 Mum22Girls

April 22, 2013 / 5:29 pm

Hello Mum22Girls – I am responding to comments most recent first so have answered this on a different post but Bicester can also be a good bet too. Will keep my eyes open – oh and the Reiss sale is often good for light coloured leather jackets.

3. PoppysStyle
    April 16, 2013 / 10:30 pm

Ooh quite envious of the 1D night! Poppy and I are off to see Taylor Swift on Friday! Love the dress! You'll be the cool mum yelling for Harry:)

April 22, 2013 / 5:31 pm

Oh lucky you – Taylor Swift, hope that she was good. Actually I'd quite like to see her, more because Matilda knows a lot of the words to "trouble" which is quite apt really. Don't think I've ever been cool – prob too late to start now!! You on the other hand….

April 16, 2013 / 11:31 pm

Very cute shoes. Enjoy tomorrow night 🙂

April 22, 2013 / 5:32 pm

Hi Helen – thank you, we did! We were such rebels, smuggling our too large banner in and taking in a bottle of water too. Outrageous! Hope that life is treating you well. x

April 17, 2013 / 4:42 pm

Hello, i feel that і sаw yοu visitеd my web ѕite thus i came to retuгn the favor?.I’m tгyіng to in findіng issues to imprοve mу ѕite!I supposе its adеquate to use some оf yоur concepts!!Τake a look at my ωeb blog – claimfreemicrosoftpoints.webs.com