Mum on the Run – If the weather was warmer part 2!

Being such a total wimp, I’ve realised that the cold weather really doesn’t have much of an impact on me at all. The reason for this is that unless it’s 20 degrees outside, I still wear four layers of clothing so whether it’s 4 degrees, 8 degrees, or 12 degrees, I’m still frozen…. I wonder, do you think that a bit of reverse psychology works as well on the weather as it does on (young) children? No, I suspect not either.

However, if the weather was a little (or a lot) warmer, I would be tempted to wear this outfit, which again I photographed having failed to negotiate the youngest away from her Barbie film. Well, if you’ve bothered to do your hair and make-up you’ve got to take advantage of it before it all goes flat/slides down your face.

The trousers are the Next ones I have written/tweeted about before. They are £18 and described as Harem Pants but I can assure you, there’s not a drop crotch in sight. There may be a bit of bottom drooping but that’s an entirely different matter and I can categorically assure you everything is where it should be in the crotch department.

The trousers are quite a lightweight fabric so it would need to be warmer to wear them.  Here I am wearing the navy ones but they also come in grey and black. At £18 I think that they are a great price for anyone tempted to venture into the non-harem, harem style of trouser.

This is a great jacket from Mango. It has a really good weight to it, so in theory it could be worn anytime soon. There are a whole host of jackets around in this tapestry/aztec print and also in this style. Zara had a good selection last year and for me they are a great way of tarting up (excuse the expression) one’s jeans a little, or putting over a simple dress to take it up a notch. Jackets like this are multi-functional, sometimes a life saver and a kind of “one size fits all” piece to have in your wardrobe.

The trouble is that the image of this Topshop boucle coat (£79) which I wrote about several months ago now just won’t leave me and I feel that I really need to bottom it out before too long. I know some of you will shout “yuck, granny coat” or think that it looks like something that the Queen would wear but I love the colours and the fact that the yellow on it looks as though it’s there because a kiddie has gone up to it and crayoned on it. Why that should appeal I have no idea but there we are.

Once again, for the sake of research, I am prepared to go and try it and report back. My generosity knows no bounds!!!

April 4, 2013 / 8:44 pm

Hi Beth – Love the Mango jacket! A great outfit on you, tho the pants may not be for me.. Claire OR

2. Jenny Fraser-Nash
    April 4, 2013 / 9:02 pm

I have been waiting to see how you would style these as I tried them on and wasn't sure. They look great on you and I think I'll have to get a pair now. Thanks Beth.

April 4, 2013 / 9:10 pm

I adore that Topshop coat – go try it and let us know. Really liking the Next trousers. I remember you mentioning them before but forgot to check them out. Am making a note to do so now – a nice alternative to skinnies. Cute jacket! In fact, I really like the outfit. Helen

April 4, 2013 / 9:33 pm

Have bought that top shop coat-and it is lovely but not had the chance to wear it yet! Go for it 🙂 S xx

5. Iva Grbesic
    April 4, 2013 / 9:54 pm

Love it all! You look great Beth.

6. Treasuresnpleasures
    April 4, 2013 / 10:26 pm

This is such a gorgeous look Beth, I think I may sneak those trousers into my next basket that's open in my other tab!!

7. Sian
    April 4, 2013 / 10:30 pm

Would the mango jacket look nice with a pair of old looking worn jeans? As for the harem pants……don't like them ha ha. Look like joggers or pjamas to me. Sorry….

8. NET-A-DRESSER
    April 5, 2013 / 4:58 pm

Lovely jacket! x

9. frankietwospots
    April 5, 2013 / 8:39 pm

Love the jacket and trouser combo! I tried the trousers on in Next and needed to size down, one size if not two! The waist is very generous I found. Also, with the plain colours, I seemed to get an unfortunate case of camel toe (sooo not a good look) so I tried the tie dye print instead which seemed to divert the eye!

10. StyleGuile
    April 9, 2013 / 8:29 pm

Sorry for the generic reply to so many lovely generous comments. For those who have tried the Next trousers I hope that they have worked – as for the camel toe I am really pleased that the tie dye ones solved that unfortunate problem! Sorry that you don't like them Sian – I get where you are coming from with them but like the wedge trainers, they have grown on me and I can now see their appeal. The Mango jacket would look great with worn jeans – but I think that they would need to be skinnies and thanks, I think it's a bit of a find. I tried the Topshop coat today and liked it but it was damaged beyond repair so need to order one on-line – it is a bit special though! Thanks to everyone for commenting and sorry for the lack of individual replies. x