On the Run – The one that got away!

Some times you’ve just got to laugh. I had high hopes (in my head) for this outfit but it just didn’t tranlsate into reality. I thought that the combination of the green trousers, white top and sparkly scarf would be a nice look. This photo shows them in their best light – look to the one at the bottom of the page for a bad one!

I really liked these Zara trousers when I saw them.  The green was a nice shade of green and I could see how the trousers would offer a practical alternative to jeans/leggings/wide leg linen trousers for the summer.

When I saw the cuff around the bottom I wasn’t sure but went with them anyway on the basis that  they could be versatile, being dressed up with heels for the evening or down with flats for the day.

I still think all of that is true, if only they weren’t such a funny shape! I swear that I could have got me and my Mum in them around the waist, yet the legs were fine. Whilst wearing a belt meant that they didn’t fall down around my ankles, the material bunched up above the belt and there was enough to make a parachute.  I went back to Zara to try a smaller size but I couldn’t get them up past my calves.

On this photo you can get more of an idea of the amount of loose fabric around my hips/waist. I look like a right baggy Bertha!

Anyway, I may keep my eyes out for an alternative because I still reckon that the outfit might work, if the trousers looked like they belonged to me and not someone else.

Mr SG and I had a great night away for his birthday, with the celebrations continuing on into the weekend. I realised, half way through scoffing our cream tea that, in true blog style I should have taken a photo of it in all it’s glory to post today. However, by that stage it wasn’t looking too pretty so you will be pleased to know that I refrained. The scones were delicious but crumbly and we made a hasty retreat like a couple of school kids when we realised it looked as though a couple of chimps had been attacking the tea, rather than two, supposedly competent, adults.

I can’t get a signal where will be over the weekend, even with my dongle(!) so I will be back on Sunday. Have a lovely weekend.

1. schoolgatestyle
    April 27, 2012 / 1:30 pm

Have a lovely break this weekend. I actually think this outfit is quite nice – the scarf pulls it together nicely. You'd never notice in the first photo that the trousers don't fit so well – more obvious in the second though. I find that trouser shape so hard to pull off myself…lovely on other women though x

April 29, 2012 / 2:51 pm

Hi Avril – Hope that you had (are having) a lovely weekend too. I am a woman on a mission now to find some like this that actually work! See you in the DM on Thurs!

2. crazywalker
    April 27, 2012 / 2:32 pm

Good God! If the trousers look like that on you then there's no hope for any of us! Have a great weekend.

April 29, 2012 / 2:53 pm

Hi Crazy Walker! Oh there's plenty that looks dreadful on me – I just don't wear those things!Hope you had great weekend too.

3. Ekaterina
    April 27, 2012 / 5:02 pm

i was in zara today. They have some lovely clothes there, but a definite problem with sizes! i am size 10, so i tried their jackets (M) and they wouldn't fit even close! i am also looking for alternatives for jeans, but unfortunately, the only trousers I thought were really nice, my boyfriend names immidiately as 'clown's trousers'…quite similar to the ones your are wearing, lol.

April 29, 2012 / 2:54 pm

HI – I love Zara but having had two unfortunate mis-haps with the trousers ripping in a place you wouldn't want them too, I am a little nervous of them. Or they just don't fit! I find the tops OK most of the time though. I guess it's just a case of keep on trying. Beth

4. Sue
    April 28, 2012 / 10:46 am

Hope you had a lovely weekend. I also did't notice the baggy trousers until the second photo. I love looking in Zara but I end up wondering if they have sized up childrens clothes by mistake. Can't seem to get in anything ( I'm a 10-12)!

5. StyleGuile
    April 29, 2012 / 3:02 pm

Hi, we did have a lovely weekend thanks – oddly Wales was surprisingly rain free yesterday! I wonder whether the problem with Zara is that there just isn't enough difference between the sizes – fine if you are an 8 because the xs/s/m would all be OK but beyond a size 8, maybe a 10, the clothes don't really work. Not great really is it given that they have some amazing pieces? Always a great place for a bag or shoes though!